Invision Playlist Script available!!

An area for those working on addons and mods for Invision and/or mIRC.

Moderators: L|B, cryoa, Riamus, XMog

Invision Playlist Script available!!

Postby Riamus » Thu Jun 10, 2004 5:16 pm

Ok, this has been available from ircmadeasy's forum for awhile now, but since this forum is back, I'll include it here as well. You can view the other postings on this at

PLEASE give me any comments/suggestions you have about the script. I would love to make it better, but need ideas to do so. :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Version 2.1.1 is now Available!!

Features:
Θ Create, Save, Open, Edit, and Play playlists using Invision's current MP3/WAV/MIDI/WMA player.
Θ Supports unlimited playlists.
Θ Supports unlimited playlist size.
Θ Built-in music viewer.
Θ Song information displayed on built-in viewer.
Θ Repeat/Random: Play your playlist through once in the order you made it, randomly once through, or have it repeat either in your order or randomly.
Θ Easily convert between M3U (WinAmp), WPL (Windows Media Player), and IPL (Invision) playlists. Note that you have to save your WinAmp playlist to a folder OTHER than your default WinAmp folder or it does not save the path and will not play when you convert it.

Filetype:
This script saves playlists as IPL files (Invision Play List) anywhere you choose, though a folder called Playlists will be the default location. The file is a simple text file, but uses the IPL extension to distinguish it from other files.

Possible additions if I make any more versions:
Θ Ability to convert from other playlist formats (let me know what you want).
Θ Ability to convert playlists that have spaces in the filenames.

If you have any comments, or suggestions for this script, please let me know. I am open to all suggestions for new things to add to the script. If you have any interest in me adding the "possible additions" listed above, please let me know. If no one wants these, I won't take the time to add them. And don't forget to tell me what else you'd like to see added.

PLEASE be sure you read the entire Install file or you will probably run into problems.

One last note: You cannot convert playlists that have spaces in the filename or path. Until (if) I change this, please rename your playlists to include no spaces before converting, then add the spaces again if you want.

Screenshots
Last edited by Riamus on Fri Jul 01, 2005 11:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
You can find me at #Invision on irc.irchighway.net or #OldGames on irc.undernet.org if you need me for anything.
Riamus
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Skunkie » Wed Jun 16, 2004 7:11 am

Skunkie

Update

Postby Riamus » Sat Jul 03, 2004 8:00 pm

As you see above, the playlist script is updated. Download now to have the newest version.

New features since 2.0
Θ You can now convert playlist formats between the 3 format types rather than just to IPL. This lets you make your Media Player playlists (WPL) playable in WinAmp and Invision, your Invision playlists playable in Winamp and Media Player, etc.

NOTE: As stated above, you cannot convert playlists with spaces at this time. Rename them to not include spaces before trying to convert. The output filename also cannot have spaces.

Remember, please let me know what you think.
You can find me at #Invision on irc.irchighway.net or #OldGames on irc.undernet.org if you need me for anything.
Riamus
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Luvschweetheart » Mon Jul 05, 2004 6:05 pm

Hi there! I tried installing and using your script today. It seemed to work well until I went to save the playlist I made and well, it wouldn't save no matter what i tried. maybe I am just not doing something right? I dunno, but it looked like a nice little add-on :)
Luvschweetheart

Hmm?

Postby Riamus » Mon Jul 05, 2004 6:32 pm

You should create the playlist, then click save, type a name and press enter (or click "open"). It should save just fine.
Riamus
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Feedback?

Postby Riamus » Sun Sep 26, 2004 12:00 pm

Riamus
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby njay » Thu May 12, 2005 3:21 pm

Hi Riamus,

this script is exactly what i was looking for :)
thank you very much.

but unfortunately i have a problem: when i try to create the playlist, nothing happens when i select a file and press the "add" button... the music file is not displayed in the right window.. looks as if the add button has no effect at all.

what can be the reason for this? i reinstalled mirc and invision using the latest versions available, i edited the lines in the mirc script editor and loaded the script file like described in the readme.
any idea?
njay

Files

Postby Riamus » Thu May 12, 2005 6:27 pm

Are you sure you are selecting a file and not a folder before you hit "Add"?

Try changing folders/drives and then go back to the one you were in. If that still doesn't help, try catching me in one of the channels below. I'm afk a lot, but you might catch me.
Riamus
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby njay » Fri May 13, 2005 8:50 am

Well i got it working now...
I had to create the /playlists folder and the playlist.txt file manually (as they aren't created by default), after that it was possible to add files to the right window. Maybe you can add this instruction to the readme file for other users.

But the "remove" function doesn't seem to work properly, no matter which file i select, it always removes the first file of the playlist.
Am i doing something wrong, or is it the same with you?
njay

???

Postby Riamus » Fri May 13, 2005 10:03 am

Ok, you are really confusing me. You should try to get in touch with me online tonight in chat. :)

First of all, there should not be anything regarding the playlist folder until you choose to save or open a playlist. And I can't think of any playlist.txt file..... I haven't looked at the files used recently and am not at home to look, but I don't remember there being one....

Also, if you extract the files from the RAR, if you have your winrar set to extract folders correctly, it should create the playlist folder when you extract it.

Second, no.... the remove should work correctly. I'm thinking you have it installed badly or something.

As I said, you should probably try catching me tonight on IRC. Easier to test things that way to find out what the problem for you is.
Riamus
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Update

Postby Riamus » Fri May 13, 2005 2:18 pm

Riamus
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby BorisKarloff » Tue May 17, 2005 9:45 am

BorisKarloff

Postby Riamus » Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:45 am

Riamus
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Developers Corner