PER trigger advertisements

Suggest or Comment on Features

Moderators: L|B, cryoa, Riamus, XMog

PER trigger advertisements

Postby urherenow » Sat Sep 24, 2005 11:11 am

what's the use of having multiple triggers that can be configured to be used in different channels (different everything, for that matter) when you can only set 1 advertisement? Almost everybody on IRC uses the advertisement to describe what's on the trigger...
urherenow

Postby Riamus » Mon Sep 26, 2005 4:47 am

I agree that having multiple descriptions could be useful. There's one problem, however...

If you have a description for every trigger and you have 2+ triggers in a single channel, you'll see all those descriptions at the same time. And, per-channel descriptions aren't very easy to set up because you can have triggers set for multiple channels. Your best option is to have the description that you use be general enough to work with all channels and then have your welcome message explain what's on there. You can have your triggers explain it as well. Remember that you can have a different description for every network you're on.
You can find me at #Invision on irc.irchighway.net or #OldGames on irc.undernet.org if you need me for anything.
Riamus
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Feature Suggestions