Some Question about the new Invision v3.3

General Help Questions and Answers

Moderators: L|B, cryoa, Riamus, XMog

Some Question about the new Invision v3.3

Postby Hagal » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:01 pm

Hallo, i have found my way back to the irc after some years. So i forgett some :D sorry.
So i have some Questions, about the Invisionscript on mIRC.

I have Installed my mIRC v7.25 (no demo, its full) and after that the Invision v3.3 (Fullinstall)
Then i start it, it´s the same blank mIRC as before no Invision to see!?
So please how i can Start Invison right?

Now i say im a little bit outdated ;) Plase Help me, thank you.

greetz

Hagal
Hagal

Re: Some Question about the new Invision v3.3

Postby Riamus » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:24 pm

You can find detailed install directions in the sticky on the forum, but here are some things that may be the cause of your problem.

1) You need to install mIRC first and then install Invision to the exact same folder where you installed mIRC. If you install it anywhere else, it will not show up when you start mIRC.

2) You may have more than one copy of mIRC installed and you're using the wrong shortcut.

3) You have some security setting in the location where mIRC is installed that is preventing the Invision installer from overwriting mIRC.ini with the loaded script information.

I would suggest checking those things first and then try following the install instructions in the sticky. If that still doesn't work, you can install mIRC and Invision to two separate folders and then copy the mIRC.exe file into the Invision folder and run that file. Do not copy the mIRC.ini file if doing it this way.
You can find me at #Invision on irc.irchighway.net or #OldGames on irc.undernet.org if you need me for anything.
Riamus
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Hagal » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:07 am

Thank you, it was the wrong dir only ;) I made a new dir direct on C:/Invi not c:/Program.. ;)
Now it Works fine! Back to the Roots :D

Ahh.. one Think then mirc Starts it Says wellcome to Invision 2.0, but it is 3.3? You have forgett this old Sound? :)

greetz
Hagal

Postby Riamus » Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:01 pm

We just don't have anyone who can make a decent sounding welcome sound that matches the rest of the Invision sounds. :)
You can find me at #Invision on irc.irchighway.net or #OldGames on irc.undernet.org if you need me for anything.
Riamus
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to General Help