ERROR You have been D-lined.????

General Help Questions and Answers

Moderators: L|B, cryoa, Riamus, XMog

ERROR You have been D-lined.????

Postby MorpheusX » Sun Mar 21, 2004 1:07 am

ERROR You have been D-lined.
————————————————————
* Disconnected

:shock: Hi guyz,i am gettin this error alot when tryin to connect to server s on efnet( irc.isprime.com) and wanted to no if ne 1 else has gotten the error and is the a way round it as it wont let me connect to the servers....ne help would be great,thanks in advanced
MorpheusX

Banned

Postby Riamus » Sun Mar 21, 2004 1:21 am

This is one of the different bans from servers that you will see. Efnet is especially bad at banning people... they will even ban people for not having an identd response (which is not possible for most people in colleges and universities).

The best way around this is to try a different server on that network.

Note, however, that a D-line is a ban on your entire ISP. Getting around that on any server of that network will be very hard without first managing to get your ISP unbanned. Doing that would require either you or your ISP contacting the network involved and trying to sort things out. Or, if you're lucky, the ban is a timed ban and will go away after awhile.
You can find me at #Invision on irc.irchighway.net or #OldGames on irc.undernet.org if you need me for anything.
Riamus
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Banned

Postby MorpheusX » Sun Mar 21, 2004 2:05 am

MorpheusX

Postby Riamus » Sun Mar 21, 2004 2:25 am

You can find me at #Invision on irc.irchighway.net or #OldGames on irc.undernet.org if you need me for anything.
Riamus
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to General Help